The 3 Vision Boards all professionals need to make and how they will change your life.
This article is about the power of consciousness, the power of You and the fact that the images and emotions you hold onto is what you will perpetuate and create in your life. This happens to apply for both the things we want in our lives and the things we think about that we don’t want.
Visualization Boards have a long history of success and there is a reason for that. Science has proven that when our minds are focused on a thing and we act and feel as if it were already real, the odds and likelihood for that thing to happen has proven evidently high.
Why is that? Because consciousness creates reality. The things we think about and feel manifests, both good & bad.
Vision Board practices address the conscious and unconscious thoughts we possess throughout our day and the tools we can use to manage them.
Most people are only aware of one type of visioning, the future. Meanwhile, we are walking around visualizing and thinking about the crap that burdens us now and not the life you want. In this article, I will share 3 different techniques for “visualization boarding” that can help you address some self-limiting beliefs and help you to discern the present and future life you wish.
Please note, you will keep two of them and one you will throw away. These practices are a great addition to one’s personal development journey.
Preface: Before I begin any of these with anyone, I recommend a guided meditation to bring to surface the answers needed for each of these “boards”
I will begin with the one that you may not know about.
1. THE CRAP BOARD
This Crap Board is not about visualizing the future, it’s about breaking free from the ugly past or present. Creating a Crap Board is an amazing therapeutic exercise and it can be a ceremonial event. You can do this alone, with friends, in masterminds, at workshops and even in business settings.
Yes, this visualization practice is about your Crap, all of it. All the crap and negative thinking that is bothering you and has you feeling bad. It can be one repeated thought or a series of them. If there are “heavy” subjects I suggest you do one round where you bring them all to surface and do it again where you focus on each one specifically.
Write it down and write it down in detail. You are about to begin the process of letting that shit go.
Take the negative baggage from your head and from your heart and onto paper. Write down all your limiting beliefs about yourself or anything else. Write down all your mistakes, all your shame. Write down all the things you haven’t fully forgiven yourself for. Write down all the pain you are still holding onto. Write down all your ‘faults’. Write down whatever comes to mind when you hear the word emotional “baggage”.
We must come face to face with those things that ail us, looking at them in the eye, and take our power back; take our emotional power back. Thank them for a lesson and for strength and let them go. I repeat, LET THEM GO.
Don’t let the crap keep creeping up trying to convince you of unworthiness or stifling your growth.
Once you do this exercise, and you master this aspect of yourself, you’ll be able to do this activity in your mind at any time and any moment with any new crap that wants to come into your life.
How to create a crap board?
You can easily do yourself by following below or DM to receive my worksheet.
What do you need to create a crap board?
Paper, Pen, Scissors, Garbage bag or outdoor fire pit.
STEP 1 — WRITE & RELEASE
- Write down all your crap on paper with space in between. Give this process up to 10 minutes if you’re leading a workshop or as long as you need to if you’re alone.
- Transfer all of that negative energy and bad feelings onto the paper as you are writing.
- Now that you wrote it down; face your crap, look at it, stop hiding from it, stop being ashamed of it. You may even find yourself laughing at the dumb crap you’ve done. Stop hiding from the truth of its existence. Accept it all. Then get ready to really let it go this time through this exercise.
STEP 2 — CUT & RELEASE
- Cut the paper so that each thought is on its own individual piece of paper.
- Read it and review it again. Feel if any emotions come up. And be ready to let those bad feelings go because this process is about releasing the negative emotion attached to the negative thoughts.
STEP 3 — DISCARD & RELEASE
There are 2 ways you can go about it next depending on what you have available. If you don’t have a fire pit or fireplace you can grab a garbage bag.
- Reread every paper strip one last time this time thanking it for its lesson and then release its burden on you.
- Rip up the paper until you can’t anymore and throw it in the garbage.
- And if you have fire, then crumble it up and throw them into a fire.
- When you either throw it in the garbage or fire, feel this burden leave you. Feel it’s weight over your life, lift as it burns or as the garbage bag is thrown out.
Now let’s focus on the present and the future and manifesting a life we want to have.
2. THE VISION BOARD
Visualization boards are about the goodness we want surrounding our lives. Vision boards allow us to see and focus on the images and life we wish to create. It’s time to truly identify what that is for yourself.
A Vision board is about one thing, Vision, and only one person’s vision, yours. Don’t put pictures of a big house because that is what you feel you should want or put on there. Decide what truly makes you happy. Paint the canvas of the things you want to see in your own life.
The questions I ask may vary on the type of workshop it is I’m conducting. But for general vision board workshops, the goal is to truly identify the things that ignite good & powerful emotions within you. Emotions that the very thought of looking at the picture either gets you excited or anxious.
What will you need for your vision board?
Pen, Paper (For thoughts)
Magazines with great images, Scissors, Glue or tape, Poster board to put it all on.
STEP 1 — Visualization
- Put your pen down and rest your arms. At this point I ask my participants to close their eyes and prepare for a guided meditation that will assist them to uncover what it is they really want.
- The goal is to identify the life you feel will make you happy and the life you want to lead. Think about accomplishments you want to achieve, businesses you want to start, charitable life, places you wish to visit, the home you wish to see yourself in, the car, the family, the career and the relationships, the lifestyle.
- Also think about the excitement and anxiety that you will feel doing some of those big goals.
TIP: Anxiety is an emotion that you can use in your favor.
STEP 2 — Find Images
Go through the magazines and find images that can represent those things you desire. You may also find it easy to search online and print them if you have that ability to do so.
STEP 3 — Build Your Board
Arrange the images on your board in their category and in a way where your eyes can follow a path of good strong emotion for each of the elements. Once you have it set up the way you like, go in and glue or tape them down.
Last to do is hang it up somewhere you can see it every day. You may also want to take a picture of it and save it on your phone.
Every time you look at your vision board I want you to Feel the emotion of having and doing those things.
3. THE GOOP BOARD
The GOOP Board is one I gained from a mentor of mine. GOOP stands for Goal, Outcome, Obstacle, and Plan.
GOOP Boards prepare us to combat obstacles that may stop us from achieving our goals.
It’s a one sheeter that you can carry around or keep at your desk for support.
Often we have goals, and they seem lofty, but we don’t account for possible obstacles that can arise in their pursuit. When we consider the obstacles and feel ourselves thinking of the solutions, we increase the likelihood of manifesting them.
This is a written board and exercise
- What is the goal that you want to achieve?
- What is the outcome of you achieving that goal?
- What are the obstacles that have stopped you in the past or you know can hinder you?
- What is your plan when that obstacle is in front of you?
In this exercise you will come up with a solution and have it handy so that when obstacles do come up, you already have logic coming to the rescue.
Download your copy here or send me a DM and I will email this over to you along with a pre-filled out sample I did for a class.
I hope you enjoyed these or are inspired to try these and you learned something new.
Please share your thoughts, experiences or comments below and give this article a like.
To Our Beautiful Lives,